Monday, November 28, 2005

Where Did November Go?

So Thanksgiving is now past and I ask myself - where did November go? I can't recall anything that occurred in this last month (besides this past week). Does anyone else feel the same way?

And now the new month is almost here - and the question on everyone's minds is what do you want for hanunkah/christmas/the holidays?!?! And I sadly do not have an answer - so I better start thinking hard for some cool gifts.

Is it better to let people just buy whatever they want to buy - or should you direct them towards a certain something that you want? In my opinion it is interesting to see what other people would purchase for you - it lets you see what they think about you and the things you like (or what they think you should like). But then you take the risk of people not getting who you are and buying an item that might just sit pretty on the bottom of your dresser drawer.

But I guess that would make it seem like the things you own reflect on who you are. Maybe it is just the opposite and it is just things that you should enjoy - and it shouldn't define you. Maybe gifts are something that are just supposed to enhance the world in some way - put a smile on your face - remind you of the person who gave it to you.

But then again - would I rather have the cool new electronic devices I have been drooling over for weeks or a cute teddy bear that is nice and cuddly but would just sit and collect dust? Oh the holiday season...

2 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

i like your description of gifts. :)

Gifts are tough for me, actually. It's hard to pick something non-cheesy and original that represents both the recpient and the giver.

November 28, 2005 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love gifts, but i love to give gifts when i want to give them, not when a holiday says so. But i have that jewish guilt, and it becomes an obligation, so might as well just enjoy it, I dont know how people "really" like the gifts I give, lately I just ask what someone wants unless i come across something I know they would like, that just screams out to me. Of course then i find out that the gift i gave to one person someone else likes (this is about my sisters and mom). I'm impossible to shop for, i think, because i'm always changing these days, maybe we should make a blog with our wishlist. Hey maybe people should start registering for holidays/birthdays instead of just weddings and baby showers.

My post secret - I want to have a party just so I can open gifts - dont' care what the gifts are I just want to open them.

Another post secret - I love the box in a box gift - even when at the end you get a dollar bill or a diamond ring, it's an awesome gift.

<3 me (yeah u know who this is - the one who can't remember her user name or pw)

December 05, 2005 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com