Monday, January 16, 2006

The Civility Police

My friend Danya had dubbed me "The Civility Police" - and soon you will understand why.

I work in a large office building with a 16 floor garage. As many people who drive know, people like to drive like idiots. What do those idiots like to do more than driving badly? Parking like jerks.

A few months ago I made a new policy. When I see someone parked like a jerk, I will make sure they somehow know what I'm thinking. Whenever I would drive into the parking garage and see someone parking way too far over the line, or blatantly taking up 2 spots, I would write them a little note letting them know what an ass they are. Even when the only available spots were many levels up in the garage, I would take the elevator back down to the stupidly parked car, just to leave a note.

Last week a funny thing happened. I came into the garage and found one of these cars parked smack between 2 spots. So I went up to the 10th floor and parked my car. Then took the elevator back down to the 6th floor and wrote my little note. As I was placing the note under the windshield wiper, I saw something amazing. Someone else already wrote a note! And it said almost the same thing my note said! It was great! There are other people out there fighting for the cause!

On top of that, the building management put a huge sticker on the driver's side window that said that this car was parking in violation of the building's rules. Finally, civility wins!

2 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

down with bad parkers!!

January 16, 2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Design By Bain said...

I love it! You go shawn, get them bad parkers, I can't stand that, silly people.

January 19, 2006 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com