Friday, June 08, 2007

Mixed Emotions

Today I'm gonna get a little personal on the blog. This coming weekend is supposed to be one of celebration. Elad and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary by taking a weekend cruise to the Bahamas. We have been so excited about this cruise on Royal Caribbean (Majesty of the Seas) and have really been in need of this little break.

But lately I have been under a great deal of stress. Mostly because of money issues and really because I have had a busted Air Conditioner for the past few weeks. It works for only a few hours a day. I have had a really hard time trying to find someone who is wiling to replace my A/C for less than $3000. Can you imagine - I live in a condo that is 770 square feet and I can't replace my A/C for a reasonable price.

So this isn't really where the "mixed emotions" have come from. My dog has started to pay the price for the lack of A/C. Last night he had extreme heat exhaustion which honestly scared the shit out of me. We were able to calm him down and get his temperature to a normal place (put him in the bath and sprayed cold water on him and then had him lay on wet towels). And then as we thought he was getting better he started to feel sick again. We took him to the emergency vet and they ran a blood test. He wasn't in such bad shape - just a tiny bit dehydrated. The vet said that he should stay somewhere with A/C and be given pedialite. My loving sister and brother took him to my mom's house where he is hanging out right now. They told me he had a rough night and I ran to be by his side this morning to see how he is feeling.

And now I am supposed to get on a fun cruise for the weekend and all I can feel is guilt and sadness. I want to be excited for the weekend but I just can't stop thinking about my dog.

But I know my mom, sister and brother are fully capable of taking care of my little doggie. They stayed up all night with him and are continuing to keep a close eye on him.

I need to appreciate the help I have, the love I am celebrating and the wonderful dog I care so much about. Reinforce the positive and it will all work out...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Elad said...

That's the best attitude, Shawn! Positive thoughts will deliver positive results. We're going to have a wonderful time this weekend and Bubba's going to be just fine.

June 08, 2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger kovoor36 said...

yes, bubba is in very good and capable hands. you should defly enjoy your trip! bubba wants you too!! im sure he will be perfect by the time you guys get back!

June 08, 2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger Design By Bain said...

thank you for the love nad appreciation. I'm glad that I could be here for you, Elad and Bubba, my little doggie-brother.

June 10, 2007 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com